- You cannot add "Locally Produced Gold Bar - 1kg" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
2022 Perth Mint Kangaroo Gold Coin - 1/10oz
Australia’s longest-running gold bullion coin series is the Australian Kangaroo. Introduced in 1986 as the Australian Gold Nugget, the series has been known as the Australian Gold Kangaroo since 1990.
Each year, the coins in this series receive a new design. The 2022 Perth Mint Kangaroo 1/10oz Gold coin features a new depiction of the kangaroo from designer Neil Hollis.
Gold Kangaroo coins from Perth Mint have been available to investors since 1990 in the current format. Each year, the mint changes the design of the kangaroo on the reverse of the 1oz, 1/2oz, 1/4oz, and 1/10oz coins, with the 1kg coin always using the classic Stuart Devlin image of a kangaroo surrounded by rays of sun.
Once again in 2022, the mint issues the five coins with varying mintage options. The 1oz and 1kg gold coins have an unlimited mintage, which means Perth Mint will strike the coins through 2022 until the next release is ready for 2023.
Queen Elizabeth II is on the obverse. The image of Queen Elizabeth II shown here is the sixth-generation portrait to grace Australian coins and was originally created for the Royal Mint of England in 2015 by Jody Clark. This design shows the Queen in right-profile relief with the George IV State Diadem Crown on her head.
The reverse features Neil Hollis’ depiction of a small kangaroo family. His depiction shows an adult kangaroo and its young joey hopping along a grassy plain with small hills in the distant background field.
- Coins arrive in protective capsules
- 36th coin in the series
- Unlimited mintage
- Contains 1/10 troy oz of .9999 pure gold in BU condition
- Issued a face value of $100 (AUD) backed by the Australian government
- Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse
- A kangaroo and its joey hop along a grassy plain in the reverse design
- Micro-laser engraved security feature on the reverse
4 in stock